Alyssa M. Longobucco
Writer | Editor | Stylist
New York, NY | Phone: 860-689-3238 | E-mail: email@example.com
Portfolio: Alyssalongobucco.squarespace.com | Personal blog: theglossylife.com
Good Housekeeping Magazine, Hearst Publications—New York, NY
Associate Home & Lifestyle Editor—March 2016 to present
Assistant Home Editor – July 2014 to March 2016
- Responsible for pitching, packaging, executing and writing/editing the home section (18-26 pages) monthly, including the mixed news section, instructional DIY features, home tours and special advertising collaborations.
- Worked closely with the art team to conceptualize, craft, style and produce numerous shoots including on-location home tours, cover shoots, designer collaborations and personality features.
- Spearheaded several integrated partnerships and large-scale giveaways for Good Housekeeping with relevant brands, including Havenly, Air BnB, Daphne Oz, Emily Henderson, Target, Pier1 and more. Wrote and edited both the FOB fashion section (6-10 pages) and celebrity fashion feature (8-10 pages) monthly.
- Acted as a DIY and home personality in several videos for Good Housekeeping's then-digital channel, GHTV.
- Formed strong relationships and lasting beneficial partnerships with brands, tastemakers, designers and PR teams relevant to Good Housekeeping’s aesthetic.
SELF Magazine, Condé Nast—New York, NY
Editorial Assistant—Dec. 2011to June 2014
Freelance Fitness Assistant—Oct. 2011 to Dec. 2011
- Pitched and edited 4-5 pages monthly in the FOB
- Launched SELF.com’s DIY and lifestyle blog content, which was picked up on Yahoo, Huffington Post and Pinterest; contributed regularly to online editorial content.
- Helped plan and execute several high-profile events, including SELF’s annual “Rock Your Summer” music party and yearly charitable “Women Doing Good” event.
Marist College—Poughkeepsie, NY
Graduated May 2011. B.A. in Communications with a Journalism and Public Relations dual concentration and minor in Psychology. Magna cum laude
InCopy and InDesign proficient. Strong familiarity with all Microsoft and Apple programs, as well as popular social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.) and blogging software (Wordpress, Squarespace, Media OS).